That’s what it should say on my nametag. Yes, I have valid reasons for it many times, and in any case, I’m pretty sure it’s not something that’s going to change. In this case, I have been procrastinating getting back into the exercise thing, thinking that if The Man and I set a date for a wedding, I’d have a great motivation and a goal all rolled into one, so why start exercising until we have that set?…
See how my mind works?
Well… We haven’t set a definite date. And I realize that this is just procrastination in disguise.
After checking out this post and then this post over at zenhabits.net (I know, I KNOW, research on the internet is another not-so-clever disguise for procrastination, too!), I developed a plan, keeping in mind my previous insights into my own roadblocks to exercising, and the great points in the posts about triggers, motivation, and goals.
- Step One: go to bed earlier (9:30 instead of 10). I had an epiphany when I realized there was no real reason to stay up until 10, as I am often tired before then. The Man and I used to talk on the phone after The Boy’s bedtime, but we talk earlier in the evening now, ergo I do not have to stay up that late…
- Step Two: Three times per week, I will wake up 20 minutes early to fit in yoga, or the bike, or some other cardio or strength training (that I’ve probably found on Pinterest).
- My goal is to lose a few inches off my “hips”. This is my trouble spot, and the reason my pants are starting to not-fit.
- Report: I will measure myself once a week, and post about it to you people (even if you don’t want to hear about it), because it’ll make me accountable (probably on the simpleijustdo.com facebook page).
- Reward: I will also reward myself if I meet my plan each week. No food! Just books, shoes or other mild obsessions…
I hope I’m ready for this! I hope I can stick with it for awhile!
Starting measurement: 41″ (Ugh…)