I know lots of people do “Thankful Thursday” posts, but I wanted to pause in my week-long rant/neurosis/panic attack about The Boy and our concerns with his current schooling situation to express how really lucky I am.
- I’m so happy that we’ve moved. We have a very, very nice home that is paid for – no mortgage, no rent. This has allowed me to avoid panicking about still being virtually unemployed.
- I’m so happy to be married to my husband. We waited a long time to be together on a daily basis, and now that we are, I still have to pinch myself from time to time.
- I’m so grateful to have a partner to help me with the daily routine. He’s still learning about The Boy, especially now that we are all in such close proximity, but it’s not all on me anymore, which was a heavy burden to bear.
- I’m so happy that we are so close to my parents. They are some of my closest friends on the planet, and having them 15 minutes away is something I haven’t had in a long, long time (and The Boy hasn’t ever had!).
- I’m thankful that I have enough in the bank to lean on until I start getting paid regularly, and until I find a more meaningful, full-time position.
- I’m really grateful that I have the time, background, and fortitude to do what’s apparently necessary for my son’s education.
- I’m so thankful that my son had such a good education up north, which has shown us that he is capable, and that he has this solid foundation on which to build in middle and high school.
- I’m happy that my son is apparently enjoying middle school, even if he isn’t getting everything out of it that he could be right now.
- I’m really glad to have a fledgling support network down here: even though I don’t know many people, I have hooked up with some great people in our local Autism Society chapter who have been so helpful to answer questions and offer support.
- And I am so thankful for my boy. He makes me laugh just about every day, even on the days he makes my head spin, and my eyes roll. I don’t know where I’d be without him!
Deep breath. I have a lot to be thankful for! 😀