Thank you SO much to learningneverstops over at Understanding and Embracing Diversity for the Liebster Award Nomination! I am new to his blog, but it has lots of good stuff, so please go check out his site!
By now, you probably know that awards come with rules, so that we can spread the love. Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1.Thank the Liebster-winning Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog. Thanks again! (see above)
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked, and create 11 questions for your nominees. (see below)
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (see further below)
4. Display the Liebster Award logo. (see above – isn’t it cute?)
11 Facts about myself (tired of hearing about me, yet?)
1. I am a Libra, and I really don’t think that means anything, but I do seem to have an overdeveloped sense of justice…
2. I loved being an only child, and I love having an only child.
3. I love Swamp People. I have a wee crush on Troy. ❤
4. I believe that peanut butter, linens and towels are three things on which you should never skimp.
5. My favorite type of wine is a nice German Reisling.
6. If I had it to do over again, I would have played French Horn instead of the flute.
7. I loathe peep-toe shoes. I mean, they look nice on other people, but not on me, so they need to go away now.
8. I have lived in the same state for 33 years.
9. I have never broken a bone (great, now I just jinxed myself).
10. One of my favorite authors is Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
11. One of my favorite all-time movies is Amelie.
Questions from learningneverstops:
1. How would you define yourself? That’s a toughie. I play many roles, but hopefully I am defined by my actions, which are usually kind, fair, efficient, motivated, loving, capable, determined, clever, and somewhat humorous.
2. Who is the most important person in your life? Not a toughie. My son. The Man is a very, very close second, though.
3. What made you happy today? Watching my son as he was able to give up some of his toys.
4. What goes through your head when you wake up in the morning? My list of things to do for the day.
5. Are we lucky to be living in this time? How so? I think so. It is so easy to be educated, and so easy to spread awareness. The means are there, we just have to be able to inspire the motivation to do something about it.
6. If asked to give three wishes (one for yourself; one for your family; one for the world), what would yours be? Wish for myself: to find meaningful work when this career is at its end. Wish for my family: to adjust to change as easily as possible. Wish for the world: for the people of this world to realize their potential for good and act upon it.
7. Why do you blog? I blog because I have stories to share, and I know that other people’s stories have helped me in rough times.
8. Is 2013 shaping up to be what you’ve expected? Yes, I think so. At least so far! Still anticipating so much!
9. What would you like to know about Autism? How to make more connections for understanding between NTs (like me), and auties (like my son).
10. How can people’s awareness of Autism be increased? One person at a time, building relationships with those in the autism community.
11. What is the best article you have read on my blog? I like your pieces on Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory because it is one of The Man’s favorite shows, and as he has grown to know and understand The Boy, even he has pointed these out to me. It is a great platform for building understanding with the NT world!
My 11 Questions for you:
1. If you could go back in time to witness an event, what would it be?
2. What is one thing you have always wanted to learn (or learn how to do)?
3. If you visit any place in the world for the day, where would you go?
4. Guilty pleasure food?
5. Favorite season and why?
6. Cherished accomplishment from childhood?
7. Favorite type of reading material?
8. Have you ever done something anonymously? What was it, and why?
9. What was a favorite vacation you have taken?
10. Name a word you hate the sound of.
11. Do you collect anything?
My 11 Nominees are:
1. Postcards from the edge of the Spectrum
4. Tickled Red
8. Coffee With A Side Of Autism
Pingback: Thank you! | Huggable Baker