Well, Thank You! to Joy at I Can Say Mama for nominating me for the Liebster award!
I am so honored!! Awards are fun, but they can be a blessing in disguise because they tend to be a lot of work… Here are the rules:
1. You must thank the person who gave you this award (Thanks, Joy!)
2. You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
3. You should nominate 3-5 or 11 (there are different rules out there) up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 subscribers
4. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5. Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6. Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7. Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post
8. Don’t give the award back to the blog that gave it to you
#1 and #2 are above, and #3 will be below, so #4…
1. I owned a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox in elementary school.
2. My dad sang, my mom was in the band, my grandma was in the band, my grandpa played guitar, my great-uncle played banjo, and my other grandpa was a huge opera fan. Guess that’s why I’m into music.
3. I hate the word “moist”. And lately “pastries” is bugging me, too.
4. I love it when something I read makes me laugh out loud. David Sedaris is one of the only authors who can do this.
5. I don’t watch TV. Not because I think it’s bad for you (although it does tend to control people’s lives). It’s because my TV is in the basement and I hate being cold.
6. I have really sensitive skin that makes it look like I have a hickey when I scratch my neck, or have an earring post that is too long. This is fun when you teach at a middle school.
7. I loved being pregnant. Except for the having to puke for the first three months. Other than that it really was amazing.
8. I love to read. Especially murder mysteries. Especially Scandinavian murder mysteries.
9. I know I mentioned it already, but I really, really hate being cold.
10. My guilty pleasure food-wise is cookies. I rarely eat just one.
11. I’ve had really long hair, and really short hair, and have settled on short hair because long hair is too much work.
And now, as if you wanted to know even more about me, Joy’s questions for me:
1. What household task do you hate the most? My least favorite chore is cleaning the toilet. Especially with boys in the house. My second least favorite is doing dishes.
2. Which positive event or situation from your childhood do you remember the most? I remember going to McDonald’s for lunch on my birthday with my teacher – she and another teacher drove a few of us (!) and we got to ride in the way-back of a station wagon. It was awesome. (This is not a “most anything” memory – just a good one.)
3. If you had a time machine to go back in time, would you change anything in your life? What would it be? I don’t think so. Everything that has passed has brought me to where I am today, and I am quite happy.
4. Do you do any sports? I played a little volleyball over the years in school, and coached it, as well.
5. Which famous person would you choose to have dinner with? Maybe Barack Obama. Maybe the Dalai Lama. (Hey! That rhymes!)
6. Name three things (not persons!) you cannot live without. My world would be a sadder place right now without my fireplace, sweet tea, and my Kitchenaid mixer.
7. Something you would love to be able to do but never learned or are not talented enough for? I still want to learn to speak Italian. Just haven’t had the time.
8. What is your most favourite song of all time? Being a musician, this is tough. One of my favorites right now (makes me cry every freakin’ time) is “A Little Bit of Everything” by Dawes.
9. What would you do if you won 1 million Dollars in the lottery? Save and invest enough for us to be comfortable for the rest of our lives and donate the rest to charity. And buy myself a really nice camera.
10. Your favourite meal? Steak. Always has been, always will be.
11. What do you see when you look out of the window right now? Snow (ugh.)
Questions for my nominees:
1. What do you wish you could do better?
2. Who are you most like in your family?
3. What’s the first thing on your to-do list right now?
4. What’s for dinner tonight?
5. What major goal have you accomplished in your life?
6. Is there something that you quit doing that you wish you hadn’t? What was it?
7. Who was your favorite teacher in elementary school?
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
9. What is your favorite tool in your house (could be anything you use to accomplish a task)?
10. What would you do with a free hour in your day?
11. Favorite spot on Earth?
I nominate these great people for The Liebster Award (and I apologize if you have over 200 followers – I still think you are awesome!):
Momma Sunshine from Sunshine on My Shoulder
Debi from Spirit of Autism
Forgotten from Fairy Tale Forgotten
Missy from Aggravation Station
Miss Riki from Refreshingly Riki
Before I get sidetracked, here’s a blog post to read to evoke tons of giggles and laughter.
Now that was pretty freakin’ funny. I was giggling all the way through – thanks for sharing! 😀
I really liked your responses!
Thanks- it was fun!
Hi – I found you through Joy. Congrats on the award, I look forward to following you.
Thanks for checking it out! 😀